1. The collagraphic image is created by adding textural elements to a board or plate, and then sealing it with any type of adhesive or varnish.
2. Ink can be applied in two ways. Ink can be rolled onto the surface areas. It can also be applied to the plate and worked into the lines and textures of the image. The plate is then wiped with tarlatan to remove excess ink.
3. Paper is dampened and blotted dry.
4. The plate is placed onto the press bed and the paper is positioned over the plate.
5. The bed is run through the press. Both the textured and raised inked surfaces will be printed.
6. The print is placed on a rack to dry.